I just want to see me there
In a space where I can care
Look into my reflection
And acknowledge who I see there
Lark is a rhythm based game where we follow our feathered friend Lark, a bird struggling with the everyday, as they traverse their inner turmoils and anxieties to make peace with who they are.
When grappling with mental health issues, even the smallest task can seem impossible to overcome. Lark is about highlighting how something as simple as getting out of bed can feel like a monumental trial. We invite you to be inspired and to experience Lark's journey as they face familiar challenges.
PC or Android version recommended.
- Unique musical experience- An original score by Sneha Deo, crafted to be both beautiful and calming.
- Flowing gameplay - While most other rhythm games focus on aggressive tap combos, Lark prioritizes flowing movements for a different kind of rhythmic experience.
- Magical realism - Discover a dreamy world where everyday challenges manifest themselves into magical interpretations of Lark's reality.
- Additional levels that explore more of Lark's everyday life and anxieties.
- Navigate Lark's house
- New music
- Updated movement controls
- Bug fixes
This is a demo of a game that is currently a work in progress. We'd love to get your feedback on what you love or don't love about it! Hit us up in the comments below, and let us know what you'd like to see in Lark:
- Twitter: @Spite_Studios
A game by:
Fernando Reyes Medina
Beverly Van Daal
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a lovely demo! I really liked the music and the theme. Very relaxing and actually quite good for dealing with anxiety.
- More sound feedback when hitting the correct notes.
- I actually like combo counters, though it might be not what you are looking for?
Best of luck for the future of the game, I look forward to more ^^
Thank you for playing! I'm glad that you enjoyed it and definitely that is good feedback :) hopefully we can do some more of this game in the upcoming months :)
This was really lovely! I enjoy showing meditative games on my channel and this one was nice and calm. The music was great as well and I like how you rounded the story out. Great job!